Peter Armstrong, who is in his ninth year of litter picking , was selected by Keep Britain Tidy in 2018 to be one of their initial 100 Litter Ambassadors across the Country. He initiated this website (Clean New Forest) and since 2015 has played a prominent role in the Annual Spring Clean across the New Forest.
- 500 volunteers get involved both years across the New Forest.
- The weather was a factor (beast from the east) but still a few hundred pickers were out
- Peter initiated supplying litter packs to New Forest schools
- Peter spoke personally at school assemblies
- Gets invited for the second time to a reception at the Houses of Parliament
- 1200 volunteers in over 50 groups. Peter personally recruited over 100 at the Annual Charity Volunteer Fair and a Town Fun day
- Peter organized and ran a stand at a Volunteer Fayre in January which resulted in several new litter groups
- This year Peter worked with businesses and took various employees out litter picking. One group of 100! Another local employer helped litter pick the whole of Fawley in a few hours with a few dozen employees,
- More advice and help being requested from various group and individuals.
- Member of the Green Halo Partnership – an initiative from the National Park.
- Providing and supplying school litter packs. and sourcing funding.
- If you are a local business who can help provide funds for school litter packs and get involved, please contact Peter
- More Volunteers recruited at the Annual Charity fair. Over 200 personally face to face recruited in two years.
- Covid – Spring Clean cancelled!! Keep Britain Tidy had record numbers of over 600,000 signed up across the UK.
- Increasing numbers of enquiries from individuals and groups wanting advice and help (not just in the new Forest).
- National Park asks for help in getting scheme going to give away Litter Kit. Thanks to other advice from Keep Britain Tidy Ambassadors across the UK a scheme starts to initially give 500 away by new Forest National Park Authority.
- Trend continues of more help and advice to individuals and groups and liaising with organisations who can benefit the local area.